FKMs or fluoroelastomers, are a family of elastomers with resistance to a broad range of chemicals combined with very good high temperature properties. Specialty types with differing monomer compositions and fluorine content are tailored for superior fluid resistance, low and high temperature performance, and combinations thereof. Simon Industry Corp. have more high performence FKM rubber than others, like Viton (Trade Mark).
- Excellent temperature resistance
- High chemical stability
- Good weather, aging and oxygen stability
- Excellent resistance in mineral oils and fats
- Low gas permeability
- Very good resistance in non-polar media
- Temperature range from –50 °C to +250 °C